I buy my own things, I pay my own bills
These diamond rings, my automobiles
Everything I got, I bought it
Boys can’t buy my love, buy my love, yeah
I do what I want , say what you say
I work real hard every day
I’m a motherfucking woman, baby, alright
I don’t need a man to be holding me too tight
I’m a motherfucking woman, baby, that’s right
I’m just having fun with my ladies here tonight
In the summer of 2017, I went on a few dates and slept with a French Guy who lived in the East Village. Unwittingly and stupidly, I caught feelings.
After date #3, I started to suspect that the French Guy wasn’t into it anymore. While we texted for a few days after, he did not ask me on another date. On a Friday night, I suggested meeting up and his response was that he was out with a coworker who liked to party and he would have a late night. Having finally gotten the hint, I deleted his number from my phone, wrote him off as another New York slash French idiot, and went on my merry way.
That Saturday night, I went out drinking with friends in Battery Park and was enjoying the New Jersey sunset across the Hudson when my iPhone chirped with an unknown number text. The French Guy sent a rambling text about how he is looking for a long term relationship, does not want to see me anymore, and he should have never let things get this far. Way to take the knife and just twist it, French Guy.
So I am just the girl that no one sees a long term relationship future with. Cool.
We had a great time over the last 8 years. You survived 3 cities, 5 jobs, and 6 apartments. It seems fitting that you lost your lens on either a vineyard ground or the floor of a Long Island party bus. Thanks for the memories.
— Sent from my iPhone. Excuse the typos or drunk texts.
I’ve missed me. At least 2017 has gotten off to a better start than I anticipated. We’re not going through the nuclear apocalypse…yet.
Things are pretty status quo here in NYC. I spent the majority of my winter hiding from snow storms and escaping to Miami, San Diego (x2), and Los Angeles. But as we all know, first comes cuffing season, then comes hibernation, and now finally…Spring Has Sprung!
It only took 4 years but I am finally in a job that has calmed the fuck down enough for me to think again to write. I look forward to conversing here more!
We all know – it was a horrible, absolutely no good year. You can guess my political affiliation based on the 2 coasts I’ve lived in the last decade. I spent more than half of 2016 living on unemployment and the other half not dating. My 2016 in review consisted of:
- 1 fantastic booze & jazz-filled trip to New Orleans (my first time – highly recommend!)
- 2 bad sexual encounters. At least 1 guy paid for my Uber home.
- 1 subway stair-related ankle injury, sidelining me from my beloved kickball team for a month and the treadmill for 3 months.
- 2 amazing weddings that were worth the plane rides, hikes, jet lag, and rental cars. I sort of believe in finding love after those. Sort of.
- 0 job offers for 5 months until it came down to 2 job offers in the same week and I had 36 meltdowns trying to make a decision.
- 7 eye doctor visits due to an eye issue, all paid for by Obamacare 🙌
- 1 new therapist who has me chasing down why I’m so lonely (to be continued…).
- 1 WORLD SERIES VICTORY.
Instead of ending on a sour note, I want to look to the positive. I am going to let the wise infographic of Purewow speak to the highlights of this grim year:
Finally, BRING IT 2017.